Monday, September 6, 2010

(almost) always do what your mama tells ya...

I'm going on a family cruise for the Xmas holidays this year.
It's going to be the first of its kind for us as almost 16 family and close friends are getting together for a 5 day Caribbean vacay.... CANT WAIT!!

The other day I was talking to my mom about my new knitting obsession interest and how much easier it is that I can just pick it up or put it down without having to dismantle anything.

Knowing that I still love sewing and I check out my favorite sewing links everyday, she suggested that I revert back to my one project a month concept with the goal of the cruise in mind.

I've thought it over and decided that I like the idea and I'm going to do it.
Nothing major, just some quick projects to get me back in the swing of things maybe get my mojo flowing again after a year off...

Of course, a juicy Labor Day sale sale over a BMV didn't hurt. 

Because, of course, I couldn't just use any of the patterns I ALREADY have overflowing out of my drawer...ooohh nnnoooo, I need to start FRESH!!  Here's what I found...

This two piece from Badgley Mischka (V1195)...
I love the over top...

Then I remembered this cute little Anna Sui dress (V1153)...
It's an older pattern that I've been looking at for a while.
I think it would look cute in a light linen or dress weight broad cloth.

Then there is this asymmetric top from McCalls(M6204)...
I actually just bought a top quite similar to this from ASOS.

And lastly, this legging pattern(M6173)...

Not bad for $5 a pop.




Holla!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mariela Alethia said...

I love the Badgley Mischka pattern, with the right fabric it could be fabulous. I was at Mood fabric store in Manhattan and I bought 1-1/2yd of Alexander McQueen fabric (the one he used in his last collection). I bought enough for a skirt, but now you have me thinkingggggg....

Antoinette said...

Not everyone pull off over the top like you can! I like the drama and volume in a lot of these. Been thinking about making my own leggings this year, too. Let us know if you make them and like how they turn out.