Monday, September 6, 2010

"Sock it to me!"

..... is what I will name my post when I actually COMPLETE a sock... not even a pair!.. A sock.... for now they are kicking my ass and leaving me feeling rather discouraged.

I needed a little picker upper and found this simple baby hat pattern in my 'Teach Yourself Visually Knitting' book....
I used some of my favorite fuchsia pink Debbie Bliss Rialto DK  ~ my best 'Wool Watcher' find to date!

It was soo smooth and springy and perfect for a little stretchy hat like this... Def going to get some more and make a hat for myself.

I took a few liberties.... trying to insert a half-rememered mock-cable stitch I had seen Sunday morning on Knit and Crochet Now.
... apparently, the half I didnt remember was the most important half... ;);

But, I think its still cute and it gave a me little practice on some basic decreaese(P/K2tog) and a little Icord action.  As an afterthought, I added a little tassel at the top.



Never mind I don't know any babies.





Holla!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: