Monday, June 9, 2008

Here goes nothing....

... after months and months of perusing and pursuing and downright stalking various sewing blogs (...that have become staples in my daily web browsing,) I have decided to start my own!!

Like many, I started sewing in HomeEC in high school (... GaithersburgHS)... my teacher, Mrs. McDonald, lit some kind of fire in me and that was it.... I remember, the first item I actually made was a pink velour jumpsuit for my principle's toddler.... never mind that I sewed the whole thing up inside out... NEVER MIND, I said!!

I ended up studying Textile and Apparel Merchandising at Western Kentucky University before moving to NYC, where I've worked in the industry for the last.... wow... 14 years.

So, long story short, after a many year'd hiatus from the sewing machine, I decided to take a refresher sewing class at Sew Fast, Sew Easy here in NYC and I'm back in action again! Admittedly, I feel like I'm starting from scratch most of the time. But, I've powered through it and I'm hard pressed to remember why I stopped sewing in the first place.

That's enough for now... pics of the first few pieces I have made (or altered from existing pieces) so far, along with things that I plan on working on in the near future, are soon to come.

As my nearest and dearest would say.... HOLLA!

6 comments:

matthew john said...

123.hp.com/dj2622

Ronaldo drogba said...

A Tech Gadget lover…! Wanderlust of Nature by heart and a tech-savvy by habit... I have written and reviewed blogs on many products. As a keen neophyte, I love to discover new Products and their plus points… Get in touch… Or drop in your queries.
My blogs:
Roku.com/link
Roku.com/link create account
Roku.com/link activate account
Roku.com/link account
Roku.com/link activate
Roku.com/link activation
Roku.com/link setup
Roku.com/link code
Roku.com/link enter code
Roku com link
Roku com link create account
Roku com link activate
Roku com link activate account
Roku com link account
Roku com link activation
Roku com link enter code
Roku com link setup
Roku com link code
Roku activation code

Roku com link said...

I am a technical writer based at Tampa, USA and I have been writing blogs on many technical products that have impressed me so far. When it comes to streaming, I have explored a lot of devices.
My blogs:
Roku.com/link
Roku.com/link create account
Roku.com/link activate account
Roku.com/link account
Roku.com/link activate
Roku.com/link activation
Roku.com/link enter code
Roku.com/link setup
Roku.com/link code
activate Roku.com/link
www.Roku.com/link
Roku com link
Roku com link create account
Roku com link activate account
Roku com link code
Roku com link enter code
Roku com link activate code
Roku com link account
Roku com link activate
Roku com link activation
Roku com link setup
activate Roku com link
activate Roku com link code

Roku-comlink said...

Want to explore more about how does Roku work? We have dedicated team of experienced Roku Professionals to help people with all possible Roku link device related queries. Roku devices give you a license to download movie streaming channels.

Nancy Angel said...

Don’t know how to activate amazon primevideo.com/mytv on your device? Visit the given link or If you have done installation then restart your device and watch amazon prime video on your device. Visit - primevideo.com/mytv

Garmincom.express said...

Garmin Express required to update Garmin devices. It notifies you for every available updates. For this, you need to download the Garmin Express on your device. Garmin Express is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.