Sunday, June 22, 2008

TA-DDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

... and here she is... I've taken to calling her MsEM...;-)


I've spent most of the morning playing with my new toy... as it is with these things... there is a learning curve. Plus, there are so many different little points of interest, it takes a while to really know all the ins and outs.

But I did do a test drive...

This is the Very Easy Vogue (V8495) top I was working on last weekend, when 'the machine' died on me...

I was able to do everything except the hem... which I finished this morning. I used one of the little tricks my guide at Sew Right told me yesterday...
I used a decorative top stitch (double cross hatch) to finish the hem and enclose the hem edge in one fell swoop. It worked perfectly!

I also got the chance to put my bias tape maker to the test and I'm very pleased with the finished product.
The next project I have on the table is this Anne Klien Dress (V1025)from Vogue Patterns...
Even though I couldn’t sew last week, I did go ahead a cut this pattern out... It’s supposed to be lined, but the fabric is a bit heavier weight (medium/dress weight poly-rayon) than the listed fabrics. I think I can get away without it.

Here's a close up of the fabric...
.... it was another score at Fulton Fabrics... 3bucks a yard!
Holla!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay,,, where is this fulton fabrics?
do they open on sundays?

Erica Bunker said...

Great new machine! I can't wait to see plenty of fabulousness coming from it!

Adrienne said...

Glad you are lovin that machine!!!!! Love the hem stitch you used!

MsMica said...

Hi Toy... Fulton Fabrics IS open on sunday...;-)... They're located on Bridge Street in downtown Brooklyn, right of Fulton Ave.
I do have to stress that they are the last fabric store left on Bridge St and the bulk of their materials are upolstrey grade fabrics. But, I usually find something everytime i go in there. Difintely worth a look-see at least once or twice month.

MsMica said...

Thanks Erica, Thanks Adrienne... I am about to put that baby thru the paces right now!