Friday, June 20, 2008

I need this dress in my life....

It's.killing.me.

Looking for the original is out of the question. And finding fabric with this type of singular graphic print is turning out to be a joke... let me find out I'm going to have to find a zebra template and cut this out by hand... honeychile pleazzzze!!


I'm also drooling over this color-blocked beauty....
... Now this looks like something that would be CONSIDERABLY easier to jerririg a pattern for.... I think I could use this...... It’s not an exact match...you know me.... but I think adjusting the pattern for a wider neck opening would make it passable. Maybe making more of a drooped or cowl neck instead of the scooped neck line of the original. I'd also need to extend the shoulder seam... a lot... but as I already own this pattern, I know I love how easy this dress is to make............. something to think about.

And lastly... this coat....

.... is a show stopper.
Maybe this time next year... there'll be another Great Coat Sew-Along and I will have built up the nerve and the skill to join in.

Okay, time for bed... the sooner I go to be bed, the sooner I can get up and go to SewRight and hopefully come home with a new sewing machine...
...Its like Christmas when I was a kid... except.... I have to buy all the presents myself...:-)